Daily Words of Encouragement
By Priest Knight Scopas Juma Kamonde
Our Verse of Today (12/11/2017)
“But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24: 15)
The Title of Our Today’s Topic: Serving God together with Our Household
The previous verse was said by man of God Joshua to the Israelites during his last days before he die with aim of urging them to continue in worshiping God who brought them out from Egypt.
From our verse of today we can learn these very important and valuable points:
1. Despite what God did to His people. Nevertheless, the majority of Israelites had turned their backs to God by worshiping false gods.
2. On the contrary to the majority of the Israelites, man of God Joshua managed to continue worshiping God together with his household faithfully and seriously.
3. Based on anger the man of God Joshua told the Israelites frankly and courageously that if they were not interested in worshiping the true God let them worship the false gods that some of them were used to worship during that times but for him and his household they would continue to worship the true God who brought them out from Egypt.
My dear fellow Christians in general and Churches’ leaders in particular, do you worship God with your entire household (all those who live with you at your house)? For me I do so by God’s grace. If you are not doing so very big shame on you, but if you do so congratulations and bravo to you in mighty name of Jesus Christ.
My personal advises to those who fail to worship God with all their household are as follows:
1. Start praying for this issue continuously until it happens completely.
2. Start ministering among your household through; evangelism, teaching of the Holy Bible, etc. Moreover, you can seek for help from your Church in case you can’t do that alone.
3. Prevent all your household specially those who do not worship God with you from committing sins or crimes at your house such as; adultery, drinking of alcohol, etc.