Daily Words of Encouragement
By Priest Knight Scopas Juma Kamonde
Our Verse of Today (18/11/2017)
“As she kept on praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth.” (1 Samuel 1: 11)
The Title of Our Today’s Topic: Hannah’s Prayer
The previous verse was about Hannah’s prayer at the tent of meeting, the Holy and dedicated place for the Jews’ worship at that time, when she was asking God to deliver her from her bareness by giving her a child.
From our verse of today we can learn these very important and valuable points:
1. Hannah was totally depressed because of her bareness and that was why she had been praying deeply for long time.
2. The High Priest Eli was surprised for the length of Hannah’s prayer, why? Because generally normal believers do not pray for long time and deeply like God’s servants.
3. Lastly Hannah got a blessed result for her prayer which was the birth of Prophet Samuel because a lot of factors had contributed together for that result such as: her pure life by living in righteousness, she had prayed at the right place which was the tent of meeting where there was God’s presence, her effective and sincere prayer plus the blessing of the High Priest to her.
My dear fellow Christians in general and Churches’ leaders in particular, sometimes we do pray for long time concerning specific topics or issues but without getting quick results as expected, why?
1. Sometimes we might not live in holiness because it’s the first precondition for God to answer our prayer request. Therefore, it’s advisable for us to live in righteousness throughout our lives so that we can have God’s favor upon ourselves by then our prayer requests can be easily answered.
2. Sometimes we might be in polluted environments that is full of evil spirits and Devil’s agents and in such cases they can hinder our prayers and even though we have some answered prayers they are able to create a lot of obstacles that can prevent us from enjoying our answered prayers. Therefore, it’s recommended for us to know what and who are around us so that when we discover the presence of evil spirits and devil’s agents either we leave such places to elsewhere or we have to let them leave us by all possible means without any compromise.
3. Sometimes we might pray alone without sharing other anointed and blessed Christians and in such cases if we are under heavy satanic attacks or pressures, definitely Devil and His followers can hinder our prayers very easily as long as possible as they like. Therefore, it’s recommended for us to share other blessed and anointed Christians or God’s servants in our prayer requests.